- Burning 9 lbs of pellets an hour is equivalent to burning .5 Gallons an hour of heating oil.
- 1 Gallon heating oil has 139,000 BTU
- 1 lb of pellets has between 7000- 9000 BTU per lb
- 25Kw = 85,300 BTU
- 35Kw = 119,424 BTU
- 1 cubic foot of pellets weighs about 40 lbs
- It takes about 2.5 times the space of oil to store an equivalent amount of energy
- Softwood pellets have 10% or more BTU’s than hardwood per lb.
- Burning 6 tons of pellets should leave you with about 90 lbs of ash
- One ton of pellets has an equivilant heat value of a cord and a half of cord wood.
Fuel cost calculator